Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thing #23

Well, I have arrived at the end of our journey, which is of course really just the beginning! It has been a productive and interesting journey with both useful and not as useful tools. There is something to all of this Web 2.0, and it keeps eolving into easier and easier formats for the regular person who is not familiar with computer languages and software.

Facebook is more than I expected and that is because from the moment I signed on, I was linked to 5 or 6 people I knew from the networks I'm in: FAU, USF and the globe! That is, I met a colleague from one of my classes this Fall; I was psyched to be found by my most favorite library professor, Kathleen de la Pena McCook, and another favorite professor at FAU, Dr. Jennifer Begergal. And a woman from Canada with my exact name said hi to me. Then I was quickly hooked up to two freshman college students I'm working with at FAU,as interns in the Student Sierra Club. To finish off my initiation with Facebook, I found my niece on there, so I had to send her a message.

I then was invited to join an ALA group on Web 2.0 by Dr. McCook. I feel like I have a whole new way of getting in touch with people all over the globe, and be amazed at how small the planet really is.

No comments: