Thursday, November 8, 2007

On Vacation Right Now

 


Hi y'all. I'm on vacation right now, which means I am home looking at photos I took on vacation two years ago in Cedar Key, Florida. It's not a well-composed photo, but it is part of this bird's daily ritual.


I also toured through some great online video tutorials on geeksontour.com. The ones on Picasa were really extra good--like having the instructor's voice piped in too. The website is really top notch b/c it has so many unique Web 2.0 learning tools on it--and the owners just seem like they are having such a good time. It reminds me of a local guy I met in one of my classes (he's actually the father of one of my colleagues at FAU) who gutted a bus he bought on eBay and now runs as a satellite Internet "techno train" here in South Florida. He goes around in his bus to senior communities teaching retirees how to use Microsoft Office tools and how to do things like the "geeks" teach from their RV. It's a great way to help narrow the digital divide. Check it out at www.techtrained.com--something the library needs to consider doing with those bookmobiles that could easily convert into "cybermobiles."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: